Saturday, July 12, 2014

613#Ai no Kotoba ~ [Book Review] The Fault in Our Stars


Another book has make me closer to crying. Almost.


Rating : 4.2/5

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


It's really depressing when you think you're dying. But not for Hazel. I adore her strength. Well, she doesn't seem to think like that tho. Hazel knows she's dying but she doesn't make a fuss over it. She thinks she's a grenade. A grenade which would wound her loved ones once she die. Can't blame her . We ourselves do not want to wound our loved ones, right?

I love Isaac, the character of his. He's such a good supporting character for both Hazel and Gus. I'm quite sorry for him since the Monica thing but hey, you're NEC now Isaac. Don't let other people step on you again. Live your long life.

For Gus, you're such a guy. If I was Hazel, I really really really love to have you to be my Cancer Companion. You spend your one Wish from the Genies for Hazel and in the end, you yourself get to have sweet moment with her. Actually, you deserve better since you don't let the killing things to have power to kill you.

Despite all the positive vibes I got from the book, unfortunately I didn't enjoy it much. I just simply reading it, thought a few important thoughts and sympathised with the characters. Maybe I'm not suited with John Green's writing.

Till then.
Wassalam.



3 comments:

  1. macam menarik. .tp sy tgh beli buku nie n dlm bhsa mlayu. .hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. suka gak cerita ni..kebanyakan buku John Green laris di pasaran

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha jangan nonton kang banjir la Malaysia ni.. huhu

    ReplyDelete

Finished reading my entry? Why not you drop a comment or two? ;)

Broaden News