Sunday, January 3, 2016

645#Love Note ~ [Book Review] A Thousand Pieces of You

 

If I wanted to name a few books which I finished reading within a day or two, A Thousand Pieces of You was one of them. Believe me, I wasn't expecting a really good and awesome read from Claudia Gray! I have heard countless of good reviews about this book so I decided to give it a go. Plus the cover is so stunning, don't you think?



Read: From May 1 to 2, 2015
Rating: 4.8/5

Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.



Marguerite Caine's parents latest invention - Firebird - involves jumping across dimensions. Some dimensions are set in futuristic worlds while the others might resemble the ones when the invention of telephones is the latest scientific breakthrough. Her passion lies in arts and paintings, she doesn't inherit her parents curiosity towards science. But Marguerite knows she has to catch Paul - her father's killer - even though she has to jump across dimensions to find him. Using the small machine named Firebird, she starts her hunting together with Theo, one of his parents' live-in apprentice. 

I really could not put the book down once I started reading it. No words could describe how the book has such a mind-blowing concept. Too much good plot twists which I didn't see coming but I kept craving for more. You would not believe how the author could fool us completely if we didn't think about them really thoroughly. 

The story unfolds nicely in moderate pace which is good since I dislike a draggy plot. I don't have any complaint towards Marguerite's character. She isn't too weak or too brave. She knows how to act even though sometimes her emotions make her carries away when she's thinking about how Paul has betrayed her family. Marguerite doesn't hesitate to make the jump even though the Firebird has never been tested practically. The only thing in her mind is to catch her father's murderer.

The ending makes me couldn't wait for the second book! I highly recommend A Thousand Pieces of You even though you don't read science fiction. This book is so good! Do you hear me? READ IT!

The second book in Firebird series entitled Ten Thousand Skies Above You has been released but sadly I still didn't buy it yet. The cover is much more stunning than the first book. And one of my bibliophile friends said the author has revealed the title for the last Firebird book - A Million Worlds With You - gonna be published soon on 2016! 

Till then.
Wassalam.

5 comments:

  1. I found this book in Popular but I didn't buy it haha because I was like, " Don't get lied by that beautiful cover. If the story isn't good the money will just go to a waste. " Next time when I visit Popular I'm going to grab this book ;)I love science fiction more than romance. Thank you for the review <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. tag awak ^^

    http://izyanyancinnamon.blogspot.my/2016/01/australias-souvenirs-giveaway-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. saya pun ada nampak jugk buku ni dkt popular tapi tertarik dekat buku lain The Girl in the red coat. best jugk :) Singgh sini smbil follow. http://greenyworldland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hye, mai. FI singgh blog kiut ni. dah follow sekali. BTW, Maisarah ni Haruno Hana ke novelist kaki novel tu? kalau betul, Ya, Tuhan. tak sangka awak pun novelist juga. gembira dapat tahu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @tengku putera gila err Maisarah? Yes saya Haruno Hana tu tapi siapa Maisarah?

    ReplyDelete

Finished reading my entry? Why not you drop a comment or two? ;)

Broaden News